Overnight On The Lower Sacramento
April 21-22, 2018 – 1 Spot Left! Now $1000.00 ddl occ.
October 27-28, 2018 (Sold Out) Booking Now!
Join our fishing guides as we make our way, meandering down what is considered the “best trout fishery on the West Coast,” the Lower Sacramento River. Over the next few days, you’ll enjoy drifting and fishing over 25 miles of wild trout water. Along the way, we will be stopping at our overnight camp, where our camp host and chef, Bill Grigsby, will be serving delicious meals along an old western style campfire. Join us for some unforgettable California fly fishing!
- Arrive at predetermined meeting location (Safeway, Anderson, CA).
- Last chance to grab any amenities from within Safeway.
- We’ve arranged to have your vehicles stored within property gates at our private riverside camp area.
- Launch boats from the Posse Grounds Boat Ramp (Turtle Bay Exploration Park), Redding, CA 96001.
- Floating from Turtle Bay, you’ll fish beneath the famed “Sun Dial Bridge. Grab your cameras for this great photo opportunity!
- Break for a streamside lunch around 1:00 PM.
- Arrive at our riverside camp around 5:30 PM. “Secret Location” tucked away from any traffic or public life.
- 6:00 PM dinner.
- Overnight camping, camaraderie… Spend the night around a western style campfire, reflect on the day and tell great stories.
- Awake to a hot coffee. Now is the time to freshen up—6:00 AM.
- 7:00 AM Breakfast.
- 7:45 AM Lunch preparation.
- 8:00 AM camp break down. Pack any personal belongings and dunnage into vehicles.
- 8:30-8:45 AM guests and guides load into drift boats and continue float and fish.
- Break for lunch at Still Water Creek, just beneath the Deschutes Bridge—1:00 PM.
- Continue floating and fishing to Ball’s Ferry. This is our final destination and where your fishing guides will pull their boats from the river—4:30 PM.
- 4:30 PM Ball’s Ferry. Boat and gear breakdown.
- 4:45-5:00 PM Shuttle guests back to vehicles located at our riverside camp.
Guests will enjoy 4 meals total, 2 lunches, 1 breakfast, and 1 dinner; prepared by Fish Habit Outfitter’s personal chef, Bill Grigsby. Bill’s hot menu is inspired by western times when cowboys sat around a campfire reflecting on their day’s work and telling stories of times past. Lunches are based on deli-style turkey and cheddar cuts, in addition to chips, fruit, and cookies. There will be plenty of snacks within the guide’s boat to enjoy throughout your trip.
Spread of fine cheeses, Italian dried meats, and gourmet style crackers. Finished with fresh organic seasonal fruit.
Our dinner menu is seasonal and is based on the menus created by our personal chef Bill Grigsby.
Previous Trip Dinners:
Hearty chuck beef stew – slow cooked to perfection with a combination of potatoes, onion, bell pepper, tomato, and garlic, brought together with thyme, bay leaf and a blend of spices, finished with a pinch of fresh chopped parsley. Served with fresh Dutch oven cornbread. (10/28/17)
House marinated pork tenderloin – grilled to perfection and topped with homemade applesauce. Served with our wild rice pilaf of long grain wild rice, portabella mushrooms, peas, green apple and walnut and a Dutch oven corn and green chili casserole. (5/27/17)
Our breakfast menu is based on the menus created by our personal chef Bill Grigsby.
Previous Trip Breakfasts:
Homestyle biscuits and gravy made with fresh turkey sausage. Served with scrambled eggs, onion and bell pepper, breakfast potatoes and bacon. (10/29/17)
Scrambled eggs with fresh sweet peppers, jalapeno pepper, and sharp cheddar cheese. Fried potatoes and bacon with bell peppers and onion. (5/28/17)
Your Reservation Includes:
- 2 days guided fly fishing, rods, reels, terminal tackle and flies, general camp gear such as tents, camp utensils and toiletry, meals, and beverages.
The camp setup includes folding chairs and enclosed privy. The meals are made with all fresh vegetables, fruit, and entrees that will satisfy any fisherman. Our cookery has been described as five-star.
Overnight On The Lower Sacramento River: 2 days/1 night: $725.00 pp or $1300.00 per boat (dbl occ)
Spend 2 fantastic days fishing the Lower Sacramento River for wild Rainbow Trout
Three trips planned for 2018—call us today to reserve your spot!
Reservation Policy and Refund Policy
- A 50% Deposit is due at the time of making your reservation. We cannot hold a reservation without confirmation of deposit.
- The remaining balance of your reservation is due 60 days prior scheduled trip date. This is non-refundable 45 days prior to the scheduled trip date.
- Deposits only apply to the current season (year).
- Refund of payments except deposit will be returned if your request is made 45 days or more prior to the reservation scheduled date.
- Itineraries are subject to unforeseen trail or weather conditions or at packers discretion.
- Minimum age is 12 years old.